Carrot and walnut cake
Fancy a tasty and light carrot and walnut cake?
Ingredients 125 ml regular yogurt
375 grams of flour (3 measures of yogurt).
250 grams of sugar (2 measures of yogurt).
125 ml extra virgin olive oil (Use an oil with a mild taste such as the Arbequina from Oleozara)
1 sachet baking powder (16 gr).
200 grams of carrots.
30 grams of chopped walnuts.
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
The zest of half a lemon
Extra virgin olive oil for greasing the mould.
You have a round shape with a diameter of about 23 cm
1. Wash the carrots and grate them. Set them aside for later. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Place sugar and eggs in a bowl and beat vigorously, preferably with a whisk or spoon. Add the olive oil and yogurt and continue beating until you have a smooth mixture without lumps. Grate the zest of half a lemon and add it.
3. Place a sieve over the bowl and add the amounts of yeast and flour to pass through the sieve. This step (with the sieve) ensures that these dry ingredients are added to the mixture without lumps. Beat the flour and yeast continuously through the mixture, so that all ingredients are mixed perfectly.
4. Add the grated carrot, walnuts and the tablespoon of cinnamon powder and stir gently.
5. Line the baking tin with baking paper or brush it with a little olive oil (preferably the same as you used in the mixture), until the bottom and sides are well coated. Then pour the batter into the baking pan.
6. Place the baking pan in the center of the oven. Assume about 35 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. During that time, the sides will turn a light brown and the insides will be even juicier days later. Do not open the oven during the process.
Finally, do the prick test: pierce the cake with a fork, and if it comes out without sticking, it\'s ready. Turn off the oven, remove the cake and let it rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before removing it from the mold.