Migas – a Portuguese bean dish (side dish)
Fancy an easy, quick and tasty (side) dish?
Then this bean dish is really something for you!
In front of: 4 to 6 people
Preparation: 5 mintuen
Preparation: about 5 minutes
500 grams kale (fresh or pre-sliced)
400 grams cooked black eye beans
3 to 5 thick slices of bread crumbled
1 big garlic clove
5 sprigs of parsley
Pepper and salt
Olive oil (preferably Galega)
1. If the kale hasn\'t been cut, do that first. Wash the kale, take some leaves, roll them up and cut into strips (not too fine). Cut the garlic and parsley into small pieces. Grind the slices of bread into small pieces with a food processor or crumble it with your hand.
2. Heat the olive oil (Galega is really a flavor enhancer) in a large skillet (or wok) over medium heat. When the olive oil is hot, add the kale. Do this in several batches so that the kale can shrink in between and you can keep stirring it more easily.
3. When the kale has shrunk by about half, the beans can be added (these are cooked so ready to use right away). Stir them well into the kale. Then add the garlic and fry it for a while.
4. Add the breadcrumbs, making sure to keep it in good proportion with the beans and kale (not too much at once). Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle the parsley over the dish and you\'re done.