Stuffed tomatoes from the oven
Surprisingly tasty because of the vegan filling!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (4 persons)
8 ripe medium tomatoes
100 grams of rice
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
40 grams of seeds and kernels
40 grams of raisins
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped basil
1.5 tablespoon nutritional yeast
freshly ground salt and pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the robust Cantasole olive oil goes well with tomatoes)
1. Cook the rice in lightly salted water according to the package directions.
2. Preheat the oven to 180º C. Brush an oven dish lightly with a little olive oil.
3. Cut the top off each tomato and keep it (with the crown). Scoop the flesh from the tomatoes into a bowl and collect the juice separately. Chop the flesh into pieces. Drain the tomatoes upside down.
4. Drain the rice and let it cool.
5. Heat in a pan the tablespoons of olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and oregano until the onion is soft. Add the seeds, kernels and raisins and fry for a few minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat. Add this onion mixture, the pulp (tomato pulp) and the juice of the tomatoes to the rice and stir well. Finally, stir in the chopped parsley, basil and nutritional yeast.
7. Season with freshly ground pepper and more salt if necessary.
8. Then fill the tomato containers with the rice and put the caps back on.
9. If you leave the crown on the tomato, wrap it in a small piece of aluminum foil so that the greens don't burn.
10. Brush the tomatoes lightly with some olive oil and place them in the baking dish. Put them in the oven for about 30 minutes until they are cooked. Enjoy it!
TIP: If you have a stuffed tomato left over, it fits well in your lunch box for the next day.
Recipe and photo @delicious.yo